3 Stain Removing Tricks for Treats
THURSDAY, OCTOBER 25, 2018
Halloween comes, but the spooky candy never goes. Here are tricks to get the remains of your 3 favorite Halloween candy out of your carpets. Chocolate, gum, and lollipops are child favorites, but that also means they usually end up smeared into your carpet.
- When the chocolate is dried get a blunt knife and scrape off as much of the chocolate without spreading more of it around.
- To lift as much of the chocolate off the carpet place a layer of paper towels down and iron on a low setting. This will melt the chocolate off the carpet and should soak into the paper towels. Be sure to interchange your paper towels to get the most chocolate off the carpet as possible.
- Mix together a stain solution or purchase Chem-Dry Carpet Stain Extinguisher.
- After letting the stain remover set use a soft brush or a clean rag to rub the stain out of the carpet.
- Get an ice pack or a ziplock full of ice and place on top of the gum. This will freeze the gum to allow easier removal.
- After 5-10 mins the gum should hardened sufficiently. Then use a blunt knife or a strong flat object to pull the gum away from the carpet.
- The gum may crack into small pieces into the carpet in which case you can simply vacuum up the leftovers.
- The key to lollipops is loosening them from their grasp on your carpet. Get a spray bottle and wet the lollipop down.
- Use a blunt knife or other flat object to scrape up the hard lollipop
- To get the excess sticky solution off the carpet use Chem-Dry Carpet Stain Extinguisher or another stain remover of your choice.
- Let the stain remover to sit for about 10 mins then blot with a clean rag or rub out with a soft brush.
We wish you the best of luck with the removing your own Halloween candy stains. If these home remedies leave ghostly stains call, Chem-Dry of East Tennessee. We are a professionally trained carpet cleaning team focused on removing your tough to remove stains. Our friendly team will remove all candy and chocolate stains to get your carpets looking clean and fresh.
BACK TO BLOGS